MWUG Meetup events include two talk spots.
One is intended for any non-technical topic broadly related to WordPress as a purpose driven CMS platform. So that might be anything from various methods of content creation and marketing to design or management and productivity.
A second spot is for a more technical level directly related to WordPress development or other more in-depth topics such as analytics or integrations etc.
We invite you to leave topic ideas and volunteer to speak on any of them in the comments below. We are not seeking experts – simply shared knowledge and experience on any level.
If you’re interested in speaking, let us know, we’re always on the look out for new people
Non-Technical Talk Ideas
- comic sans
- responsive images
- payment gateways
- general on plugins ( jetpack)
- performance / troubleshooting plugins
- managing hosting / vps
- integrating yoast seo with GA and GWT
- using genesis frameworks (and others) beginner/tech
- freelancer advice starting, costing etc. etc…
- unorthodox uses of wp eg. crm/maillist/ias/lms
- alternatives to ACF
- hooks actions/filters
- the loop
- outsourcing how who
- wordpress api
- migration from dev to live
- evening about me!! tips!
- your first plugin via codex
- workflow team collab tools etc. non-profit and commercial
- foundation press – framework
- marketing – pr
- social media
- video marketing
- email marketing
- membership sites/users
- mobile / responsive
Technical Talk Ideas
- vvv cheat sheet
- wordpress database what’s built in, what can be cleaned etc.
- best practices around premium plugin development.
- facebook api